Two ladies are not laying...

Trevorusn

Crowing
Apr 15, 2019
New Hampshire
So, my splash Wyandotte and SF hen, both about 2 years old now, have not laid for 2.5-3 weeks now, minus twice where I found the remains of a yolk in the eggbox, nothing else. These 2 have had constant poopy butts and are finishing up both lice and scaly leg mite treatments. They have lost 2 of their flockmates, one who died suddenly and one who we euthanized, at the beginning of August. They are otherwise healthy, energetic with red combs and wattles, no discharges of the eyes or sinus that I can see, and eat, drink, and dust bathe like normal. They have Rooster Booster in their water, and access to oyster shells which they don't seem to care too much for. Sooo, why are they not laying??

I was thinking that may be, but thought it was still a wee bit early for a molt. But the possibility is there.
Kinda early... but days are shortening expotnentially.
They notice before we do.
I have a couple who are molting, cock always starts first around early to mid august, or have stopped laying already.

Kinda early... but days are shortening expotnentially.
They notice before we do.
I have a couple who are molting, cock always starts first around early to mid august, or have stopped laying already.
The roo with them did seem to start about early August, so it seems this may indeed be the case. It makes the most sense.

Back
Top Bottom