Two legged egg thief.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by can you hear me now?, Nov 13, 2010.

1. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Time to get a padlock on the coop. I have a flock of newer girls. They recently started laying and he number per.day has been increasing steadily. My neighbor has talked about his fondness of fresh eggs more than once. Well in the last week my poor producing days are when he is home all day and we are not. The day before yesterday I got nine eggs, today only two, out of forty birds. Sounds awful fishy to me. Time for the padlock [​IMG].

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I dont know.. we have been getting none this last week.. none.. and we have 12 hens..
    Something is going on.. [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Is anyone molting...has the temperature changed recently? My girls go back and forth depending on the temperature changes...when the temps fluctuate it can throw them off.

A padlock would not hurt and see if production goes back up [​IMG]

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

From one day to the next that kind of drop... and then the next day back to normal? That isn't molting as I understood it.

Agree 100% on the padlock... maybe he'll take the subtle hint.

Gah, what IS it with people? Get your own dang birds... or TV... or nice car... don't steal from those who earned them honestly!

5. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Padlock!! Even if it's not him, it won't hurt to have the extra security.

6. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Quote:I agree, think we are a little too trusting these days with our neighbor. I like to trust people but I try to be wary of motives and what not. Padlock it is [​IMG]

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Time to plant rotten or partially incubated eggs in your nest boxes the day before you think he'll be home all day.

8. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Oh that's evil!!!! But a thief deserves it!!!

I'm all about padlocks though, they are like good fences in my book (actually fences/gates need padlocks or else they aren't much good)
    It's a sad FACT of life thesedays.

9. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    I'd probably post a sign:

Notice: One of these hens has salmonella, but we haven't figured out which one yet. Eat eggs at your own risk!

10. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Quote:Oh, I like this! Do this just once before getting the padlock.......muahahaha [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by