Two legged egg thief.

can you hear me now?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 18, 2008
Southwest Missouri
Time to get a padlock on the coop. I have a flock of newer girls. They recently started laying and he number per.day has been increasing steadily. My neighbor has talked about his fondness of fresh eggs more than once. Well in the last week my poor producing days are when he is home all day and we are not. The day before yesterday I got nine eggs, today only two, out of forty birds. Sounds awful fishy to me. Time for the padlock
smile.png

I dont know.. we have been getting none this last week.. none.. and we have 12 hens..
Something is going on..
hu.gif

Is anyone molting...has the temperature changed recently? My girls go back and forth depending on the temperature changes...when the temps fluctuate it can throw them off.

A padlock would not hurt and see if production goes back up
wink.png

From one day to the next that kind of drop... and then the next day back to normal? That isn't molting as I understood it.

Agree 100% on the padlock... maybe he'll take the subtle hint.

Gah, what IS it with people? Get your own dang birds... or TV... or nice car... don't steal from those who earned them honestly!

Time to plant rotten or partially incubated eggs in your nest boxes the day before you think he'll be home all day.

Quote:
Oh that's evil!!!! But a thief deserves it!!!

I'm all about padlocks though, they are like good fences in my book (actually fences/gates need padlocks or else they aren't much good)
It's a sad FACT of life thesedays.

I'd probably post a sign:

Notice: One of these hens has salmonella, but we haven't figured out which one yet. Eat eggs at your own risk!

Back
Top Bottom