1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Two mature Pekin drakes...fs or trade for duck... Maine

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by burntumber, Oct 9, 2008.

1. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Okay- I'm looking to trade a super healthy, free ranged, fully mature Pekin drake for a duck- of any breed, but preferrably a larger breed.

OR I'm looking to trade two Pekin drakes for several large breed cockerels or chickens. (They will be destined for the freezer, I should mention.)

OR I'm looking to sell two Pekin drakes. I suppose I'd sell them for $10/each. ? (I'm not sure what ducks are going for these days.)

I thought I'd saved out a pair from the flock I'd processed this summer, BUT I was mistaken and clearly have two boys. [​IMG]

The problem for me is that they've become like pets and I really don't think I can make them into dinner. They come when called (you have to quack) and are super cute, of course.

If YOU can put them in the freezer, that's fine. I'm not stipulating they need to be pets, just to be clear.

Anyone interested?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by