Two more months...they're gonna drag on.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by KristaChickenWhisperer, Mar 28, 2009.

1. KristaChickenWhisperer

KristaChickenWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Hi everyone. I am currently away from my family and boyfriend at college. For the most part I have adjusted well for my freshman year. However, I happen to be living with a person who is impossible to live with. I have lost so much sleep because my roommate is completely inconsiderate when others are trying to sleep or study. Along with that, a friend that I met at the beginning of the year had to go home for a kidney transplant (which she was supposed to get on Monday) she sent me a text message saying the kidney is no long a match and she has to wait some more for a new match. I am really worried about her (prayer would be much appreciated)

I don't know...sometimes I just need someone to talk to and get things off my chest. I just pray I can survive these next two months without going insane.

2. MSHEN

MSHEN Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Monticello,MS
    Prayers. [​IMG]

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I'm glad you reached out to your BYC friends, we care. I also live next to inconsiderate neighbors, it can be horrible. Just sleep and study when they are gone or study at the library. Just remember that God works in other camps on our behalfs. I will say a prayer for all 3 of you. rotten roommate included! Micah [​IMG]

4. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate it. My aunt and uncle live 8miles away so I can always retreat to their house if I need to.

I do enjoy hanging out with my younger cousins. [​IMG]

5. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    You're almost there! Just put your head down and push forward. Freshman year is hard for most people so don't let it get your down. Try to find a better living situation for next year right now so you can avoid this room-mate situation. Ending the school year by itself is stressful, add health problems with a friend and it can get overwhelming. Maybe head ot the library for studying and avoid the inconsiderate roommate all together.

Hang in there - this year is almost behind you! [​IMG]

6. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Thanks [​IMG]

I have already gotten my living situation set up for next year. I will be living in an apartment like dorm with some friends. We each get our own room so it is going to be way better!

7. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Prayers for your friend who is waiting for the transplant - may all go well for the friend.

And my the rooomate suddenly grow a sympathy gland!

as a side note, my love goes to the donor and family that gave a really special young man two lungs. I know that one family's loss allowed my friend's son to live without CF in his lungs. Blessings to all donors and their families.

Freshman year - almost done, roomies or not, you are almost there!

Edited because speeling counts!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by