Two new doelings :)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hlf1996, May 15, 2011.

1. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Here are our 2 new doelings, They are so cute. They just need to get use to us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

breed ideas? They are very tiny.. I am thinking dwarf. They are 6 weeks old

2. glenolam

glenolam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Canterbury, CT
    Very cute indeed!

They are 6 weeks old, though? Goat kids should stay with their mother until they are at least 8 weeks old - if they are eating hay/grain and drinking water at this point they should be OK, but you'll want to monitor them anyway.

How did you come across them? Have they gotten their CD&T vaccinations or have they been on a coccidia treatment plan yet?

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Cuties!

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    The pictures are too small for my old eyes....lol If their bellies don't get that rounded feel after eating you might want to put them on a bottle for another week or so. You can use whole cow milk from the store if goat milk isn't available.
    Sometimes jerks will sell them too young to take advantage of the cute baby factor.

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwww. [​IMG]

6. Mzyla

Mzyla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Upstate NY
    hlf1996 must to have a full hands with this doelings [​IMG] because she is not updating us...
    At 6 weeks they still need to be on a bottle and they will be crying and crying...

7. hlf1996

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    I forgot about this thread. But yes they were 6 weeks old when we got them, were already eating grains and hay. I bought them from a breeder and they had their shots already. They are now almost 15 weeks old. They LOVE to climb things and adore cats, chickens, and dogs. They are such sweethearts and love attention. They are eating alot of my favorite bushes though, but they are worth it. Tomorrow I will try to take some more recent (and bigger) pictures [​IMG] But tomorrow is also day 21 for my silkie eggs so maybe taking pictures of the goats will keeping me away from the incubator for a little while [​IMG]

8. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG] Awww, they're adorable. I didn't realize it was an older thread but I'm looking forward to more pics!

9. hlf1996

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Finally got pictures (stress of hatching chicks)
    Here they are-
    *Abby*
    [​IMG]

*Both*
    [​IMG]

*Sophie*
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by