Two new drakes.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by marxette, Jun 20, 2017.

1. marxette

marxette Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2015
    Need some input. We lost our beautiful buff drake a few months ago. My husband found him floating in their water. Our girls appeared happy enough without a male. Recently a friend contacted us saying that a neighbor had two pekin drakes that he didn't want and after seeing the conditions they were living in we decided to take them home. These two are bullies. They are always together and chase the girls away from the food and water and have singled out a cayuga to pick on. I'm already regretting bringing them home. Any thoughts?

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Separate or rehome them.....Keep just one if you want?...How many Hens do you have?

3. marxette

Jul 11, 2015
    We have 17 hens. I've thought of just keeping one and maybe he would calm down. Got any insight into the whys of their behavior or if they would ever settle into the flock? I've never been very fond of drakes except for the one we just lost, he was a big sweetheart. I hatched him here.

4. marxette

Jul 11, 2015
    We named them Click and Clack when we brought them home. Today my husband started calling them Thanksgiving and Christmas. :eek:

chickens really and aart like this.
  5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Smart Man.

chickens really likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by