Two New Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckking, Sep 8, 2010.

1. duckking

duckking Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    Hay, we are getting two new mallard ducks tomorrow [​IMG]. we already have a 9 year old rouen and a 9 year old mallard. Will the three day old mallards be ok with my nine day old ducks?[​IMG]
  2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    I am no duck expert, but I would think that all the ducklings will be fine together. Still I would keep an eye on them for the first couple of hours, and make sure that nobody is getting thumped on.
  3. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I wish I had another Mallard to keep my mallard company... bit old runners keep running away from her.
  4. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I would like to see pics!
  5. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Put them in a brooder or small pen with the nine day olds till they get to a good size, I had a lot of trouble a few years back when my cayuga drake decided to get jealous and start draggin them under water. It wasn't a good experience for anybody. Luckily i was not 2 feet from them and was able to scare off the drake. Everyone was fine, but scared out of there down.

But the ducklings should all get along fine. Before you know it they will all catch up to each other and be big duckies.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by