two new runs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by rita2paul, Feb 19, 2017.

1. rita2paul

rita2paul Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    i am waiting for my quails to hatch due in a few days time.
    i have a 5 feet pen for when they are older to go outside, its off the ground and has two levels, this will be there winter home.
    i have just ordered two arks for them to go outside on the grass for the summer months, i was planning to put the arks together to make it 8 feet long with two sleeping compartments.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112269046553?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2. Binki

Binki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Ontario, Canada

Oh wow!! The quail are gonna love both enclosures :p would the ark be a permanent summer home or would they be out just during the day? I ask because I'm worried about predators getting under it, maybe even a fox during the day?

If it's portable like a chicken tractor I think people have used hardware cloth skirts to protect from some digging while still being able to move it around the yard easily :O

3. rita2paul

rita2paul Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    cheers. hubby is going to put a plinth around the bottom of the run.
    they will stay out in the summer.
    they have an another house which is off the ground for the winter months.
    i have an electric fence around the front of the house as i keep chickens also. i also feed 3 foxes every night and i have never lost a chicken to a fox in all the years i have been keeping them, i think the fox is to full after the feast he's given. but i just love the foxes, i have a night camera up so i can watch them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by