1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Two newbies on the same day!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kerreader, Aug 12, 2014.

1. kerreader

kerreader Hatching

Apr 25, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Two of my four girls decided to take sisterly bonds to the limit and laid their first eggs on the same day. Thanks, Maggie and Joanna![​IMG]

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    They are always so surprising, one reason I love chickens. Never can guess what they will do next.

When mine first started laying, Lillie a buff orpington laid her first egg at the same time with another IN THE SAME NEST BOX! I know 'cause I have cameras in the coop and witnessed it. So funny.

The pic with one looking in the mirror is great. I have seen posts about entertaining them with a mirror but always thought they would be scared of it. Do yours peck it or just admire their reflection ???

3. kerreader

kerreader Hatching

Apr 25, 2014
    The chicken in the picture was mesmerized by the mirror the first day I put it up and pecked it a little, but now they pretty much leave it alone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by