Two of each?...silkies

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by welasharon, Jan 18, 2011.

1. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I am thinking pullet on left, roo on right?....in each pic
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

sharon

2. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Beautiful chicks still a bit young but On the one in the top pic on the left could be a pullet.

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    OMG!!! What adorable pictures!!! I couldn't help but smile at the pic of your showgirls. Sorry, I can't help on the sexing. I just had to comment on the wonderful pics.[​IMG]

4. welasharon

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Ha ha! Thanks...this was their first photo shoot! I just got them within the last month. The showgirls were living up to their names. The silkies were not so thrilled...
    sharon

5. autumn11

autumn11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    Waynesville
    They look like there wearing hats [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:X2 [​IMG] Although the black silky's comb looks blatantly male
    Those little showgirls look like adorable little muppets!

7. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

EDITED to add: I have changed my mind from what I wrote below- see my post that follows down the page.........

I am not convinced the white silkie on the left is a pullet. Are those streamers coming out the top of the crest? I do think the one on the right is a roo.

I have never seen such cute showgirls! I really didn't think I liked showgirls- but yours are really cute!

(Until they lay or crow...it is really a guess! But I like guessing.) [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  8. Hillary and friend's eggs

Hillary and friend's eggs Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2010
    Cute birds! [​IMG] Those naked neck ones look like they are wearing some big furry Siberian fluffy hats or something!

Sorry I can't help on sexing, but I had to comment on your adorable silkies! [​IMG]

9. welasharon

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Thanks....I haven't had them very long but really am enjoying the little things. These are the first small chicks I have had. It is fun watching them grow and play. I didn't think I liked/wanted silkies till I had one on loan for some doctoring. It was the funniest thing ever.

I am not sure about "streamers"? They have little tufts on the end of some of their feathers that come off if you tug on them. Looks like dandelion seeds! The white one is very timid and the others tend to push it around. Of the two showgirls (aren't they bizarre looking?) the darker one that I think may be a roo seems to be more forward as well. As you said...time will tell but it is fun to guess!
    sharon

10. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I think you are correct on both sets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by