Two of my chickens are laying!!

haylee

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 30, 2013
New Hampshire
Two of my chickens have began to lay!! I''m am so EXCITED!
celebrate.gif
I don't know which ones are laying but I have a feeling it's Penny the RIR and Jesus the BSL based on the color of the eggs. I can't wait til the rest of them lay, I'll get blue eggs from my two EEs!
D.gif

It is so exciting I talk to my chickens everyday I have 7 straight runs that are about 14 weeks old so I hope in a couple of weeks I will know if they are hens or roosters, I also have 10 layers RIR Americanas black austrolorps barred rocks and some Ihave no idea I just LOVE them I am still new to this all but this forum is so so helpful

You will definitely know the gender of your chicks way before 14 weeks. 6 weeks is when you can see differences, but it also depends on the breed.

Really I was told to listen for the cock a doodle doo but have not heard any then someone said to turn them upside down and if we see two holes then its a hen we were told that 60 percent of the straight run will probably be roosters, I really don't know all the breeds I do know that I have what looks like barred rocks and the others I have no idea. Thank you for your response.

Maybe you should post some pictures of your chickens in the gender section. The people here can probably tell you how many hens and roosters you have.

Back
Top Bottom