1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Two of my hens have growths on their comb

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Memeschix, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Memeschix

Memeschix Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2014
    Central texas
    I noticed yesterday as I was cleaning the coop, that several of my hens have dark wart-like growths on their combs. Has anyone had any experience with this. Or know what it could be?thank you for your knowledge! I am pretty new at being a chicken mommy and am quite worried, :(:cd

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Pictures would be helpful.

3. Jen Chickers

Jen Chickers Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2014
    North Central WV
    If you could post a picture it would help, and depending on where you live, I would check out fowl pox or possibly frostbite.

4. Memeschix

Memeschix Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2014
    Central texas
    I will try to get a picture of them tomorrow to post. I live in central Texas, and we have'nt had really cold weather yet, thank God! What is that pox?

5. Jen Chickers

Jen Chickers Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2014
    North Central WV
    If you type fowl pox in to the search bar on this site you can find alot of good information about it, possible treatments, and pictures to maybe compare to your chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by