Two questions regarding Brinsea Eco 20

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hd_darcy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. hd_darcy

hd_darcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I have read up so much on this great little incubator, and am thrilled to now own one [​IMG] I believe I will be putting some eggs in it on Friday already! I have two quick questions though. Is it better to set the eggs in egg cartons than to use the holders that are supplied? I will be manually turning if it matters. If the egg cartons are better to use, how exactly do I set them?

Also, does anyone regular weigh the eggs to check humidity, or is that something that isn't normally done?

Thanks in advance!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I bought the advance EX with the humidity pump. It's almost set and forget.

I used the little dividers for days 1-18 and then I put them in cut up egg cartons to hatch when I take it off of the turner and turn up the humidity.

Great incubator.

3. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    Quote:I have the same model, the dividers that come with it work fine for the first 18 days. I tried using an egg carton once for lockdown but couldn't keep my humidity constant with it in. So, took the carton out and had a great hatch. The only thing is I usually have to have both water contaners full PLUS a paper towel in the bottom to keep the humidity high enough the last 3 days.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by