1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Two Red Sexlink Pullets - 24wks - Laying!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Reyvaughn, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    My landlady recently passed away and our housing situation is sketchy. I have 86 chickens and I feel I need to reduce my numbers some. My husband is against this and is having a fit that I was talking about selling our girls. The girls that I am posting for sale are all against his will, but he has to come to terms with the fact that we can't keep them all when we don't know where we are moving to or when we will be having to move.

I decided to sell two of my Red Sexlink pullets, Red and Magenta (I am keeping Pink). They are both laying and have been since about 18wks old. Both are from TSC/Mt. Healthy Hatcheries.

Red
    [​IMG]

Magenta
    [​IMG]

Payment to be sent via Paypal - [email protected]
    Pick Up only - my zip code is 17814.
    I may be willing to meet you for an additional fee.

2. openheartnp

openheartnp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ
    Hi Reyvaughn,

I have bid on 3 of your postings for your pullets. I figured if I was coming out for a few of your girls, I have plenty of room for more-that way some of your flock can stay and play together.

They will be joining my 1 year old barred rocks: Thunder, Lightning, Storm, and Ruby. I have 2 spoiled roos also: Fluffy and Snuggi. My boys named them, can you tell?

3. Reyvaughn

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    That is very sweet! My kids and husband pretty much named mine.
    I was going to answer your want ad, but I didn't think you'd want to drive this far! Good to know they will be going someplace they will be loved! I know I will be missing them. Selling them is breaking my heart. It's funny how chickens can do that to you.

4. openheartnp

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ
    Oh, I am sorry for your pain. I would not like having to do this either. But it is smart to plan ahead and not add even more stress down the line. We love our girls and boys, they are a part of our family. We'll take good care of yours too [​IMG]
    Denise

5. Reyvaughn

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I want to apologize for not replying to your email! I never got it until now! I don't check it often, and I know I should check more often.

I decided to try and get a little more specialized after I clear the shed out. I don't like being "forced" like this, though. I was going to keep the stock I have until they passed or were past their prime just for eggs. This just makes me clear out sooner than I planned. I have more to list, but I hit my 5 auction max. I have three Tetra Tints and a Golden Sebright trio (all hatchery stock, though). I am considering selling my 4 Speckled Sussex pullets, too. My husband is less than thrilled about me selling our girls. He said I could sell all the boys I wanted. You know, if I had more to rehome, I would. Most just aren't old enough - I'm waiting to see what they fill out and look like before I decide who I am keeping.

6. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Oh my if you were just a little closer I would be coming to get those speckled sussex tomorrow. I want some so bad but I cant find amny around here. [​IMG]

7. openheartnp

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ
    If I didn't have two boys already I would take one. I think they are so entertaining. And they are so caring towards the girls! Hope you are battening down the hatches. We tied down the big coop, and the smaller coop is extremely heavy, but I worry about trees and branches falling. So, they are going on a road trip to the garage for the day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by