1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Two Rescue Chicks taken in and I don't know sex or breed. HELP?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MichelleAbcs, Feb 26, 2016.

1. MichelleAbcs

MichelleAbcs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2015
    I am hoping you all can help me in discovering the breed and sex of these 9-10 week old babies. These chicks were brought to me because the owner found out that they are can't have chickens legally. ARggh for them but a blessing for me. He was not sure of the breed and I am hoping that they are both female. First let's look at the light colored one.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    They both appear to be pullets. The lighter of the two might be a Salmon Favorelles (maybe a mix or hatchery quality since there aren't many feathers on the legs and feet). Not sure about the other.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

both pullets [​IMG].

The first one is a Salmon Faverolles. I can't see the second one well enough to guess at breed. Could be something like a Welsummer?

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    x2

5. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    One is a Salmon Faverolles and is a Golden Cuckoo Marans. They are both pullets.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by