Two rescued unidentified cockerel breeds. Help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GeorgiaPadfoot, Aug 27, 2013.

1. GeorgiaPadfoot

GeorgiaPadfoot New Egg

Aug 24, 2013
    Hi! Could anyone please help me identify these two lovely boys that I have recently acquired. I'm not sure of their age, they started crowing a couple of weeks ago, they are a little smaller that my common hybrid hens so I would assume that they are bantams.
    (The pictures don't show very well but they have a blue tinge to their tail feathers).
    Thanks!! - Georgia

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    You have mixes. I would say a standard size bird mixed with Old English Games. The first looks like he could have gold laced Wyandotte in the mix somewhere. The second is mixed with something crested.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    You have two mixes. Because they have small crests, they might be mixed with a Silkie. Some Old English Game or American Game also appears to be in their background.

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Both birds appear to be mixes. The first one likely has some Wyandotte (probably Golden-Laced) in him, and the second one has some crested bird ancestry. A type of Game Bird, like Old English Game is probably a factor in their heritage, too. Pretty looking boys! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by