Two Roleplay Ideas - What Do You Think?

Which roleplay would you rather have me make?

• Option #1

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Option #2

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Zinnia-Hen

Live & Let Live
8 Years
Jan 29, 2011
Lately, I've had a few ideas for original RPs in the back of my mind, as I've been wanting to open up another successful, although original RP. Each of the following are based off of urban legends.

Idea 1: The Man in the Bunny Costume
The story is to take place in the later half of the 1950's; part of the duration of time when this legend was said to have occurred. Pertaining to the legend, a mental asylum built sometime around the civil war in Fairfax County, Virginia is forced to relocate after there is a population boom in the early 1900's, and no one wants to live near the place. During the transfer, however, one group's means of transport suffers a horrible wreck and all but one die. The wreck, being near a now infamous, commonly traveled railroad overpass (dubbed the 'Bunnyman Bridge' because of the whole ordeal), gains attention from nearby residents and authorities. A small area is discovered in the nearby woods through a make-shift trail, appearing to be occupied by this mentally ill-escapee, and around it are the half-eaten, mutilated carcasses of rabbits hanging from the trees. Slashed bodies were even discovered hanging from the tunnel-esque bridge, the same message carved into their backs: 'you'll never find me! Signed, the Bunnyman'. It is said if you make your way through the overpass at about midnight, you too will suffer the same fate. Sightings were said to have occurred; a man clad in a simple rabbit suit threatening innocent drivers with an axe at night, walking into the surrounding properties and destroying what he could, eating pets and livestock, etc. The man is said to be Douglas Griffen, who was admitted to the asylum for slaughtering his wife and children on Easter Sunday.

That being said, a group of teenagers living nearby have heard of the tale. The plot will be more of a 'pass the rumor'/'process of elimination' sort of thing. One child is passed a note in class by another, telling them it is their time to face the Bunnyman within two weeks or be killed by him in the middle of the night. However, in order to protect one's self from having to be killed, there are two options. One, to find an item that had to inflict some sort of pain. The item may be anything, and it may inflict pain in any way, shape, or form so long it is with them at all times in order to be a small price the player is forced to pay. And two, to pass the note. The only problem about the note option is that every time the note is circulated, your period of grace time is shortened. It goes to two weeks, to thirteen days, to twelve days, to eleven, and so forth. By the time you are out of grace days, you must find some sort of item or face doom. Just take note, your character will die eventually. Not all characters will believe the story, some who aren't even a part of the game may encounter the Bunnyman by the overpass and nearest stretches of road and land, and of course, in time, your character may build up the courage to confront the killer in attempt to get themselves out of the game. I will continue to develop this idea, but I believe I've covered the basics.

Idea 2: Polybius
This RP will be based off of an urban legend that was said to have taken place during 1981 (though it was most likely formed much later), around the city of Portland, Oregon. A highly-addictive arcade game whose layout is much like Tempest, although filled with all sorts of cryptic messages, is driving local teenagers insane. They show symptoms of anger, amnesia, night terrors, insomnia, etc. Little do they know it is a government act, and that every Sunday night men dressed in black come and collect data from the gaming cabinet. The characters will gradually be taken from their homes and to top-secret government buildings, until all who have played are gathered. Once everyone from the sessions are gathered, they have their subconscious completely manifested. They are no longer in control of their bodies in the physical world, and are sent into a virtual world which has similar graphics to the game that wound them into the mess in the first place, Polybius. The difference, however, is that the setting they are placed in is much more realistic. They start in a huge, completely black area with the other players, whose bodies are red, neon blue lines connected into three-dimensional squares and rectangles off in the distance and the sky covered in little blue stars above, almost as if they were standing right in the middle of their game. They are commanded by a voice, sent to other virtual worlds, have to kill each other, gain titles, etc. etc. The last one remaining wins and is sent back home, while those who were eliminated are forever a part of Polybius. I'll elaborate more so; it's late and the whole thing is rather complicated.
tongue.png

I really like the second idea, it sounds like something that would be fun to play. I've been wanting to RP again lately (I've missed making up characters for no reason, and not having to write an entire story about them), but I've been gone so long that all the RP's I've been apart of are too far ahead and it would be weird to just jump into them again.

Glad to have some opinions here. I think I'll set up the second option then, unless there are more votes.

LOL Its awesome how its in Portland Oregon! LOL Maybe they chose Portland, cuz that is where all the weird people are XD jk but some people in Portland are pretty weird! I live in Oregon XD

Back
Top Bottom