1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Two roos in a coop!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by HollieD, Oct 13, 2013.

1. HollieD

HollieD New Egg

Oct 13, 2013
    Hi All!

Have 2 roos...one clearly dominant...great guardian...the other has 2 girlfriends, and they like to live in a tree at night. Its fine in the summer, but they'll be frozen chicken in the winter...I live in Colorado. I am trying to integrating in the coop with my other boy and his 8 hens. Tonight, I put the younger roo and his 2 girlfriends in the coop in a seperate cage...pls help...is this ok? will they all be ok together?

I heard it is not ok to put 2 roos in the same coop...whats the deal. In case I don't check this, pls email me at [email protected] to let me know...otherwise you'll hear my sad, sad story

Hollie

2. We own 1 hen & 3 roosters right now... Lol. Not the ideal situation, but 1 is clearly dominant, and the other 2 are very passive. So long as they are used to one another, they will be fine, just watch them in case.

3. HollieD

HollieD New Egg

Oct 13, 2013
    Thanks! Its weird! But I really feel for my chickens! I raised them from babies...thats the thing! Thanks for your advice

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by