Two roos out of 8 sexed?

metraideanne

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
Salt Lake City
I bought some chicks from a local farming store all supposed to be sexed female. I know I heard a practice crow this morning and I suspect I have two roos. I was also told I was purchasing 2 buff orpingtons and 4 ameraucanas. I think I got 4 easter eggers and I'm not sure what the other two are. I also got 2 sex links so they better be what they are suppose to be
smile.png

Here is "Ameraucana roo?"
Dot
60613_img_0551.jpg

60613_img_0550.jpg

The "orpingtons"
Red
60613_img_0560.jpg

Goldie
60613_img_0590.jpg

and the other "Ameraucanas"
Thing 1
60613_img_0563.jpg

Thing 2
60613_img_0587.jpg

Teddy
60613_img_0582.jpg

Thank you in advanced for your help.

I am new to this and I probably won't be much help. I just found out today that my "buff orpingtons" are actually buff rocks, because their legs are yellow instead of pink or white. I see that your "orps" legs are yellow also, but I don't know if the pink white leg thing only applies to Buff Orps or all Orps. I hope someone can help you though. They are nice looking birds no matter what they are though, I love the white one.

Those are definitely not buff orps. They are hatchery quality RIR and Red is a roo. The others look like EEs and you are correct that Dot is a roo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help

I'm thinking this one is maybe a buff orpington but what confuses me is she is my smallest hen. She's also the first to run across the yard to see me.
60613_img_0814.jpg

Good grief! So my local feed store has the chicks all kinds of messed up! Guess next time I'll need to be a more informed consumer.

So anyone in Utah want a couple of healthy roos?
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom