Two roo's

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Grey's, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Grey's

Grey's Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2010
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    Okay now I think I have two roo's will take a picture tomorrow and post it, will two fight? what to do?

2. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    If they are raised together probably not. They will establish a pecking order and if they have enough space, they should live peacfully.

3. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

I have two in a rather small coop and run, they were raised together and don't fight at all. They even sleep together. Also, you can try your luck with other ones not raised together if you have a decent space.

4. Grey's

Grey's Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2010
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    thanks so much they were raised together, you guys are great, I have learned so much from you, great site! will be on the board more when work slows down here.

5. GranolaGirl

GranolaGirl Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Creedmoor
    I just woke up today to one of my "hens" crowing! I already have a rooster (a bantam silkie). They all get along okay and the hens have not been suffering. What should I do? Should I get more hens to even up the ratio? The rooster is a blue Andalusian. He is beautiful, so i really don't want to get rid of him if I can help it.

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    As others have said, roosters that were raised together usually get along well, they my have a few battles when they start to mature but once they decide who is boss and all know their place, they will get along. Even hens are the same way most of the time.

How many hens do you have with the two roos GranolaGirl ?

7. GranolaGirl

GranolaGirl Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Creedmoor
    We have 10 chickens all together. Two roosters and 8 hens.

8. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hmm, that surprisingly will actually not work too bad, you may want more hens though. I have two roosters and 12 hens. Though I am ordering 25 more in spring, so I'm bound to have roosters in there... [​IMG]

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:Of course you MUST get more hens! It's a perfectly legit reason [​IMG]

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

What donrae said. Absolutely!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by