Two roosters together

mebuff daisy

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 24, 2014
I have 2 roosters that are speckled sussex, One of them got hurt and is getting better but is it possible to put them back together ?

This morning I fond one in the nest box
sad.png

lau.gif
Mine too. We got two surprise roosters this year... first boys we've had. One of them was beating up the baby girls (I think bungling attempts to mate, but he was hurting the babies) so we put him in with the "big girls" to teach him some respect. He has been cowering in a nest box at night.... as far away from the big girls as possible. It is hilarious to see this big rooster boy running away from our smallest "big girl" hen. We just put his "brother" in with him, as he was being pretty rough with the baby girls, also. The two boys have been hiding from the big girls together most of the time. They didn't seem to have trouble being together again once they quickly reestablished who was top guy.

Hi! We had 2 roos together for a while. We ended up sending the skiddish (#2) one to freezer camp, but not due to any trouble between the 2, we just didn't have enough hens for both of them. #1 tolerated #2 just fine, I never saw them squabble, but they had grown up together and the #1 was Polish/Australorp and quite a bit bigger than his Polish/EE brother.

Back
Top Bottom