Two Sided Storage... Stalker Chicken..Bantam Bungalow, Updated Photos

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fireguy56, Oct 31, 2011.

1. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hey everyone, Just got finished doing alittle more today for those of you following our coop build. Not supposed to be doing anything 'cause of lower back issue but I just can't stop. So today I set two posts for shed roof on left side of coop facing the future run area. Then I framed up what will be a storage area that will have doors facing the run and the doors inside the coop. The idea is to be able to load feed, shavings, grit, oyster shells, boss, etc... from outside when brought home. Then have access to everything from both outside doors and doors I will install inside the coop as well. This way when we need to add some shavings inside, we won't have to go out for them. All feed items will be right there for outside access since their feeders will be hung below the storage area protected from weather by roof I will build over the storage cabinet. Thats what the two posts in the photos below are for, to support the roof framing. It will be a metal shed roof coming off the main roof and help keep rain off the window and pop door also shown in the photos. Roof will be 5' x 10'. Last picture is one of our white crested black Polish that kept trying to look out and see what I was doing. In the phot she is on the right side, on their roost looking out of the the window I installed for them......Stalking me. Had to get a photo of that. Too funny. Hope you enjoy and keep tuning in for more updates.
    Erik

[​IMG] Note: The osb sheathing in the back of storage will be cut out later once the outside is finished so the girls living in the coop can't get out.

[​IMG] Straight on shot showing storage cabinet, window, pop door and posts to support future roof.

2. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Sorry, Forgot Photo of psycho chicken.
    [​IMG] He is the stalker.

3. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    that looks awesome!!! and the stalker chicken is too funny [​IMG]

4. SteveBaz