Two Silkie cockerels in NW Indiana in need of a new home!

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by SilkieGirl3, Dec 27, 2014.

1. SilkieGirl3

SilkieGirl3 In the Brooder

Nov 14, 2014
    Hobart Indiana
    I am desperately looking for a kind soul (or two) to rehome at least one but preferably both of my Silkie roos. I am in a tight spot as I am not really zoned for chickens and as luck would have it, 2 of my 3 summer chicks have turned out to be roosters and are crowing their fluffy little heads off. I have considered buying them collars but it seems to me that the whole 2 on 1 dynamic isn't the best for my sweet little hen, so I think it best to let my guys go.

I have one lighter buff roo and the other is more of a red. Both are lovely and have been together since day 1 and get along fairly well! Since they have always been treated as family pets, they are really accustomed to people (and little kids) and our dog. I am looking for pullet replacements for these guys as well, so anyone with chicks please message me! I will need them as soon as possible!

Thanks!

2. Tara K

Tara K Chirping

Jun 23, 2013
    Salem MA
    Pictures would be helpful and good luck!! Very hard to re-home Roos.. You will be lucky if anyone will take just them;) if you get pics try silkies for sale in the US .. Much larger audience ... I had trouble finding homes for my show/breed quality roos[​IMG]

3. SilkieGirl3

Nov 14, 2014
    Hobart Indiana

I am at a loss! I even have an ad on Craigslist and I haven't heard a thing. So frustrating! I think they know I am up to something, too, because I swear they are crowing double today! [​IMG][​IMG]
    Good call on the photos. I will get those right up! Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  4. ellymayRans

ellymayRans Songster

Post on the Indiana Member page. There are plenty of folks there that may be interested.

5. SilkieGirl3

Nov 14, 2014
    Hobart Indiana
    I have found both of my Roos a home! Hooray! So happy to see them going to a great home and equally excited to be picking up their replacements the same day. This time I am not playing the guessing game! It is pullets only for me.

Rehoming roosters sucks!

Thanks to everyone who had offered advice and sympathy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: