Two silkies, anyone take a guess?

bzbrown

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Twentynine Palms, California
I'm pretty sure the black one is a rooster, he herds the flock, and crows. I can take or find better pictures if more features are needed....

corp1.jpg

corp2.jpg

corp3.jpg

corp4.jpg

angrybird.jpg

Looks like two roos to me, but I am new to silkies and just learning...Your black is looking like a partridge
smile.png

I'd say if the black ne crows, its a rooster. And the white one...... eh, sorta looks like a roo too....
hide.gif

And wow, your coop looks really interesting....... Could you put pics up? And what are those plants growing in the coop? I am trying to get ideas of coops. I have to redo mine.......
D.gif

Quote:
Ugh, I hope the white one is not a roo. They are so different in appearance and behavior!

As far as the plants in the coop, well some of those pictures were taken in the garden. The chickens are only in the garden when I'm feeling camera happy lol. So all the tomatos, grapes and pumpkins seen in some of the pics are my garden, a chicken-free zone lol. In the actual chicken pen/run I did have giant sunflowers growing in the coop. I protected them as seedlings with chicken wire, and recently took it off and let the chickens have at the leaves (they can't reach the flowers), I also have pumpkin that managed to squeeze into the coop and vine around.

I will gather a bunch of coop pics and post them with a clickable link (I have lots of pics). Getting ready to add to the run area and add a second coop in the next month, plus maybe a waterfall in the run.... It's going to get pretty awesome out there in the next month or so, even if I have 5 roosters lol.

Back
Top Bottom