Two silkies down, one with leg problems

AthamGI

In the Brooder
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Well, I've posted before about my silkie chicks that I got last year. I started with five; two blue or splash silkies, a black silkie, a gray or splash silkie, and a white splash silkie.

Here's how the math went:

1 - Lifted off the ground by hawk and then dropped. Minus one blue silkie.

1 - Weaker than the rest, got trampled a few days ago. Minus one gray silkie.

And then today I went down to let the birds out, and I found that the white splash silkie was on his/her haunches, stumbling about. It looked like s/he had been stepped on. Now I have her/him up at the house, and I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if it's crookneck or not; everything is functioning fine, but s/he doesn't seem to have working leg joints.

I want to cure this as soon as possible, if at all possible. This has been a terrible winter. No more silkies, no more hens will die if I can help it. Though I could do with a few roosters disappearing in the night.
tongue.png
Help!

She loves eating, haha. I've been giving her water, but she's not nearly as interested. Her body is functioning normally but for the legs, so the poop is normal too.

Okay, well, I don't think it's crook; her other leg works fine, but the other one is stiff and looks out of place. She's been living inside the house. I want to move her out as soon as possible. What can you do with a silkie with an injured leg?

I would give her vitamins. She could have been trampled and hurt her back, pinching a nerve and hurting her leg, or it could me Mareks also. I would keep her seperated until you know more..b
est wishes

Back
Top Bottom