Two squatting! And slowly driving me mad...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Uzuri, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Now one of my Javas has joined the Wyandotte in the squat -- and she's better at it, and shakes it off afterward, too [​IMG]

But no eggs yet. I think they're conspiring to drive me mad on this. I fully expect no eggs this week, but expect to see a third hen squatting on Sunday. If they play the game correctly and string out their squats, they could have me committed before I run out of hens [​IMG]

2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    I feel for you, two of mine squatted for weeks before the first egg came....I kept checking the yard, the coop......when Louise finally started laying,she used the nestbox and so far I never had an egg outside of the box....Lola has been squatting now for almost 2 weeks but....Maybe we can get adjoining rooms at the funny farm????? Or infiltrate the secret chicken radio so they can't conspire..[​IMG]

3. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Why don't you expect any eggs this week???? My girls started to squat in the last couple of days, I WANT AN EGG!!!!!!!![​IMG]

4. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    I don't expect them because I'm SURE the hens are pulling my leg [​IMG]

Fldiver -- I'll look for you when they take me away [​IMG]

5. newchicksnducks

newchicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Say it isn't so! My Black Australorp has been doing the chicken squat, complete with tail switch to the side, for the past 2 weeks. My Dominique started last week. Don't tell me to expect another girl to squat this week without the gift of an egg soooon! Both are 21 weeks old. I only have one layer for the past 3 weeks, a 26 week old EE. Her two sister EE's, also 26 weeks, are not with the program yet - no eggs from them! I never realized when I got chicks this spring that I'd be gaining so much...patience! lol

6. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Gently stroke the long muscles of the back- it calms them and when they lay they will allow you to do that in the next box and lay a little faster...

7. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    You are all sooo close! I have an abundance of eggs! Not to mention a friend brought us duck and chicken eggs last night!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by