Two stupid questions ..lol

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by wannabchick, Dec 4, 2010.

1. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    If my chics have gymnastic skills wink wink (spraddle leggs)what exact size band aides?..and well, how long do they wear them?
    And how do you get them off their ever so little itty bitty legs when its time???

Thanks

2. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
  3. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    it doesnt really matter how long it is, and your going to be cutting it in half longways, so it doesn't really matter how thick it is either. So Just get a band-aid, put it on their feet, and in 5 days take it off. If they still have spraddle leg, then do it again. Somtimes it takes a few tries. And as far as taking the bandaid OFF..They normally are all dirty and wet and therefore, Coming Off by themselves when you hit 5 days. So taking it off shouldn't be a problem. Good luck! [​IMG]

4. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:Thanks so much... xoxo

around their feet??? or is it really at the very bottom of their leggs above their feet?? sorry just preparing incase it happens..

5. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:No my chics havent hatched.. just hear so much about it... and wanted to get in what I need incase... and understand the concept..

What do you suggest is the best thing to put down in the incubator when I go into lock down????

and best bedding?? what is your favorite to use???

6. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:Thank you Kitty Momma... xoxoxo

7. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    Quote:Thanks so much... xoxo

around their feet??? or is it really at the very bottom of their leggs above their feet?? sorry just preparing incase it happens..

Right above their feet [​IMG] on their ankles. That way it'll pull the entire legs together, where as if you put it high on the legs it'll only pull that part of the legs together and the feet will still poke out side ways. [​IMG]

edited to add - I like to use paper towels for the bedding in their brooder. Helps prevent spraddle leg because its got a grip, AND its totally safe Unlike wood chips. They'll eat woodchips and its dangerous. [​IMG] when they're hatched and still in the incubator I wouldn't put anything down.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  8. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. just checked out the link.. THANK YOU.. THANK YOU!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by