Two subjects I just saw on the news..............

I've been using 7% Iodine solution from the livestock supply companies for years. I use it as a navel dip for lambs and kids, after tails are docked or for other types of wounds. I can no longer get this as of July 1st. Why??? It is used to make METH!
I guess the gov thinks that law abiding farmers who have been buying this product for years are now all opening meth labs!

I agree also with the majority but now they have pulled infant cold medicine because people are too stupid to read the instructions.

On the other topic brought up, Maytag in Newton. I suffered a similar experience but to a more severe degree. Because of it I give no sympathy to the workers there.

I worked for a truss company. I started at the lowest levels and worked my way to upper management. I during my seven years there suffered an injury to my shoulder and while on light duty ended up screwing up my elbow due to the "light duty" work they had. I ended up needing surgery for bot the shoulder and elbow and now have permanent nerve damage. Now through this process they tried to get me fired for things and also tried to make me quit. One example was that one of my duties was to pick up cigarette butts in the parking lot. That was one of the things on the list I had to do every day. I did everything but that on the list due to the 18 inches of snow we had recieved the day before and the butts were covered in snow. They tried firing for it but they eventually backed down.

I also witnessed them trying to fire an employee for taking one extra day after his FLMA ran out when his 6 year old daughter drowned and died while he was at work.

I watched my boss get let go then the plant manager. Then the owner's son comes in and gives the role to our dispatcher of whom knows mothing about manufacturing or framing. We as in the management team left were told we had two months to get things in the black or there would be decisions made. We accomplished it with no help from the PM. Then they said that we had to now cut our force in half but still keep things in the black. We did. Again no help from the PM. 30 days later we are told to go home the plant was shut down and everyone was done as of that moment. No notice at all. BAM! No more work and us as management had to be the ones to tell the employees. Corporate stayed away while we did it. PM hid in her office while we told them and took the tongue lashing that we ourselves felt.

5 months later I get a call from the PM. They needed to get a small crew together to start building trusses due to the overloaded schedule and would I help start it back up. I said I would but I was trying for other employment and would leave once that happened and that I needed to have control over the employees and that we needed 4 weeks to get it up and going. I asked if this was permant and she swore to it. She even put an ad in the paper stating they were open again for good. She said that coporate and her agreed to that and I said ok(stupid me).

To wrap this session up the second day of production I was told they needed to be at 110% production by the end of the week. I laughed. I talked to a source at corporate and found she was telling them a line of crap and that she said we could bae beyond 110% by that Friday. We weren't running again 30 days and the owner's son calls us. The plant is shut down again.

The railroad turned me down and it's hard to find a job around here due to all of the people that were let go form the plant. I'm not the only former employee that can't get decent work. I can find $7/hr but I have 4 kids and a mortgage. Those Maytag people are being taken good care of. I have no sympathy for them.

I'll get off the couch now.

Jeremy

I had the same thing happen to me last year, In March 2006 I fell off of my front porch and broke the radius bone in my elbow and at the wrist, I was out of work for 4.5 months, it was a nasty break and I still can't open my arm all the way, anyway right before I was to return to work we found out DH had colo/rectal cancer, he went through 4 surgeries and was in the hospital 24 out of 31 days in August, got a illilostomy (sp? poo bag) , went into a semi coma for 8 days because of peritonitis and almost died. The company I worked for for almost 9 yrs fired me because I took to much FLMA. It sucks. I think God knew that I was needed at home to take care of DH, In Dec he had the reversal and never had to take chemo or radiation and a yr later we are fine.

Sorry I did'nt mean to hijack the post, just needed to vent too.

Family Medical Leave is supposed to be good for you, but it's not like they said...
You have to take it around your work schedule...so you don't inconvenience your bosses...
Next week, I asked for a day off for field trip for my son and the more important one for 2 doctor's appointments on Wed. Guess which day I'm working? so since I can't work my scheduled day, I'll be getting written up...but I put it on the calendar almost 3 weeks ago, when I started working again after my car accident.

I used the Tincture Iodine 7%. I was able to get it from Premier1, Jeffers, Hoeggers.... any of the livestock supply companies. Now the only product available is a 1% solution.

Quote:
Please don't give them any more ideas on what to regulate..
lau.gif
:lau

The more laws made to protect the people,the less freedom we have.
The law on ephedrin is just a bandaid law as far as I'm concerned. It might stop the casual junkie but not the big time. They're using the same examples to try and take our guns. The only people that will have them will be the criminals.
Is Maytag going to out source like alot of other countries? I watched a segment on Good Morning America. A woman on there stated it's because we are becoming a nation of ecucated people. That more people are making money in the abstract way:caf(internet and computers) so comanies of to go to 3rd world countries to find workers. To me that was alot of lip service! They just want higher profits for their CEOs. O Well whats a little lead amongst friends.
ep.gif

Also if you go to the store, like Wal mart, and think that you are going to buy more then 3 different kinds of meds forget it. I have 3 children and a step son. Thier ages are 14, 12, 4, and a year and a half. My hubby also had hay fever and other related allergys. I was running low on my diferent sinus meds and allergy meds for my hubby so I got about 4 or 5 different types of meds for everyone. I got to the checkout and after they scanned the 4th med the register beeped loudly and the checker said Oh, sorry you can only purchase 3 at a time. I cant believe it. They try to make it so difficult to help you feel better. Jenn

Back
Top Bottom