Two things about silkies...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Intheswamp, May 18, 2010.

1. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Being the rank newbie that I am I have trouble sometimes understanding/comprehending/realizing/assimilating/visualizing/rationalizing certain chicken "things".

Silkies, for example....

1 . When I see pictures of them I can't help but think about tribbles on STAR TREK and *something* to do with about STAR WARS. ???

2. Also, when I see silkies...I have the worst time figuring out which end is up, down, front, back. ???? Just seems the head or feet or ??? could suddenly stick out from anywhere...
    [​IMG]
    Are ya'll sure that they're chickens?
    Ed
    ETA: Need to remind myself to practice my spelling.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Many would agree they are not proper chickens. Then the silkie people come & whomp some sense into you.

3. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    No they aren't chickens. They are mind and heart controlling fluff balls with feet (and beaks....)

4. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Quote:[​IMG] Very well said.

That is the fun of Silkies. I just love watching them all come running... and the jiggle of their little fuzzy butts... (one of my fav past-times... watching Silkie Chick TV)... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Frankly, I'm amazed at how different their sweet personalities are from my other birds. Although some of my LF don't mind being picked up, they don't nestle their beaks in your hair and coo while you talk to them. Silkies, for the most part, LOVE PEOPLE!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
  6. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    So, what ya'll are saying is that they are *really* birds and not, gulp...something else? [​IMG]

7. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    They're really chickens mine crow ALL THE TIME!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by