Two things about silkies...

Intheswamp

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 25, 2009
South Alabama
Being the rank newbie that I am I have trouble sometimes understanding/comprehending/realizing/assimilating/visualizing/rationalizing certain chicken "things".

Silkies, for example....

1 . When I see pictures of them I can't help but think about tribbles on STAR TREK and *something* to do with about STAR WARS. ???

2. Also, when I see silkies...I have the worst time figuring out which end is up, down, front, back. ???? Just seems the head or feet or ??? could suddenly stick out from anywhere...
7locos.gif

Are ya'll sure that they're chickens?
Ed
ETA: Need to remind myself to practice my spelling.

Last edited:
Many would agree they are not proper chickens. Then the silkie people come & whomp some sense into you.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Very well said.

That is the fun of Silkies. I just love watching them all come running... and the jiggle of their little fuzzy butts... (one of my fav past-times... watching Silkie Chick TV)...
clap.gif

Last edited:
Frankly, I'm amazed at how different their sweet personalities are from my other birds. Although some of my LF don't mind being picked up, they don't nestle their beaks in your hair and coo while you talk to them. Silkies, for the most part, LOVE PEOPLE!!
love.gif

9079_img_3358.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom