Two weeks of trying we finally caught him & (his buddy this morning)

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Poison Ivy, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I've been trying for two weeks to catch this guy. Seems he didn't care for the marshmellows or the canned cat food. So I took some of my cat's expensive cat food and threw it in the cage. Well he must have liked it enough to venture inside to get more. I don't know what so special about this food but my cat would gorge himself on it if I let him. I only give it to him as a treat once a week.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  2. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    Wow - he/she sure is cute. [​IMG]

Now elimate it! [​IMG]

3. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]

Wolfpacker... you're so subtle! Hee Hee Hee [​IMG]

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congrats on the catch! They can be tricky little buggers! [​IMG]

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    It is wicked cute......hard to believe they are so bad [​IMG]

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I agree, lurky! Hard to imagine something so cute can cause so much trouble, but they sure do!

7. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Congratulations I'm sure you are happy to see that critter behind bars. Do NOT give up the vigil they are not solitary creatures!

OH yea and make that darn cat earn his vittles. you sit him in front of the coon and repeat " This is the enemy if you want the expensive food you keep the mean coon away!!" [​IMG] or better yet hold the feed in front of the cat and say " If the coon comes back it gets the feed"

Motivation is the key!

Randy

8. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    OH yea and make that darn cat earn his vittles. you sit him in front of the coon and repeat " This is the enemy if you want the expensive food you keep the mean coon away!!" or better yet hold the feed in front of the cat and say " If the coon comes back it gets the feed"

[​IMG] I agree [​IMG]

Congrats on catching that pesky creature!!!!​

9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    LOL The barn cat left me a half eaten rat this morning on the back porch! yuck But the indoor cat he's so fat his stomach swings back and forth when he walks/runs! I don't think he could catch the raccoon if his life depended on it. lol I swear the cat gets fatter everyday and I moniter his food. I think he sneaks and eats the dogs kibble too. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I have a big ole' fat cat just like that. He terrorizes every one but who he is supposed to. I call him "Osama Bin George"

Coon's like dog food too. I've caught them in the dogs garbage can full of food before. Just takes off the lid and sits inside eating his fill.

He is really really cute though, will might a nice coon skin hat for somebody for Christmas [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by