Two whole days, and still nothing!

ritzzy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Crystal Lake IL
My last duckling egg is STILL in the bator. It's been a good 2-2 1/2 days that he's been trying to get out. He pokes his bill out and peeps but won't push or zip. I took a little bit of shell off to help him out and tore just a tiny bit of the membrane and I hope that does it. If not, what should I do? Just leave him? I don't like to help them because I do now think that if they cant hatch, then they are weak but, I don't think he's weak...just stuck.

I have read that you can increase the humidity in the incubator by adding a wet sponge and it helps. apparently ducks need more humidity during hatch.
Sometimes they need help and I once watched a video showing someone helping but I cannot remember where I found it.
hu.gif

One thing to be careful of is if the chick has not absorbed the yolk completely. If you do help there should be no blood or veining.
If it were me I would help very carefully. I remember that in the video the lady kept the egg moist with water to make sure the membrane didn't stick.

I AM VERY HOPFUL THAT THIS BUMP WILL ATTRACT AN EXPERT
fl.gif

Good luck
smile.png

Thank you. When i tore a tiny bit of the membrane, there was absolutely no blood. But, now, he's got almost his whole head out so maybe I should just leave him? I don't know, but this is worrying me because he has been in there sooo long...

Back
Top Bottom