1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Two year old Heritage breeds, one is broody now for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Desert Plum, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Desert Plum

Desert Plum Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    So. Calif desert area
    I have seven 2 yr old chickens I need to sell before the new chicks arrive in three weeks. They are good layers (medium, large and extra large brown & medium to large green-blue eggs), laying through winter and one is very broody right now. 1 Easter egger, Sarah lays stead and is an efficient free roamer/eater. Betty the broody Barred Rock is only broody once sometimes twice a year. I left her broody right now because I do not have the space to break that and no time due to goats arriving soon. I know some people like broodies well I have one for you! Betty when not broody is friendly, curious and will come up to you if wave a finger at her. Delilah the Delaware is also people friendly. Most will squat for you if you raise a hand over their backs. In the coop, Mina the Turken will sometimes climb on your arm and look at you closely. They may be molting soon so hurry and get your chickens!
    Sorry but I will not be shipping these chickens out-they are only available to folks who can pick up same day. All for $30 dollars or $5 dollars each.

Thanks for looking!

Chickens listed:
    1 Delaware
    1 Black Australorp
    2 Easter Eggers (1 is solid white the other is Partridge)
    1 Barred Rock (the broody hen)
    2 Turkens

2. sugarjax06

sugarjax06 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2010
    Lancaster, CA
    What city are you located in?

3. Desert Plum

Desert Plum Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    So. Calif desert area
    I am in Cherry Valley about 25 miles from Riverside the city and under 10 minutes from Calimesa, Yuicipa and Beaumont.

Sorry to everyone who has been waiting I have been out of town! I'll be here at home the rest of the day and most of the day on Saturday if you are interested. All chickens are still availible for pick up only.

Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by