Two Year old Rooster getting aggressive with my husband!

Toetwo

Songster
11 Years
Jun 6, 2012
Hi,
My roo is starting to attack my husband. He has (so far) only danced at me. On occasion, though, my husband will go out and Big Red will fly at him. I have suggested (from reading posts here) that Carl pick up Big Red and carry him around (keeping beak far from face). So I guess this isn't a question but a worry: we just had to cull three of Big Red's sons; still haven't recovered. I have chickens for eggs and pets. The very idea of having to "get rid of" Big Red. . . ;-(

I'll let things ride for now. But Carl is getting fed up. So any tricks of the trade will be welcome. Though I will say, I don't see the sense of catching Big Red in a net and carrying him around, nor water pistol--both options read on this site. I think holding the creature seems to make most sense. So he knows you aren't a threat but also who is boss. So long as you are careful of your face and eyes?

Sometimes the things that we 'don't see the sense of' might be the things that work.

Last edited:
Good point. Thanks for that. I will pass them along to my husband and let him decide.

Back
Top Bottom