tx_dane_mom: racing chickens & kite flying chooks...Look in here!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LittleChickenRacingTeam, Jan 5, 2008.

1. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    tx_dane_mom wrote:LittleChickenRacingTeam...how does your girl Fly a kite? And...exaclty how on earth does your other girl race? And isn't a trophy from KFC offensive?

First off that is not a KFC trophy. That is Lucky's chariot, called the LUCKY BUCKET.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a couple links to Lucky racing...

And Miss Ohio flys a kite wearing a tiny harness that is called a "Feather Tether". They sell them to put parrots on a leash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Lucky is so cute and what a smart and talented girl she is.

3. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    Kerry, I love that pic of Lucky with Lacy in the bucket. that is so cute.
    By the way how is your new venture coming along? I have not seen any posts from you latley.

4. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Wow Lucky is so fast!
    That is a neat movie.

5. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I just found this! I watched the vids w/my husband [​IMG] Interesting indeed. He said 'crazy chicken ppl' [​IMG]

6. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    LCRT

You have mentioned that kite flying chicken several times, do you have any video? How does she do it exactly, when she feels the pressure she runs, or you help her to know, etc. Just very very curious, I love seeing your pics! [​IMG] I wanna know more!

Jill

7. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    This is an early vid while MissO was still being trained. In the beginning you can see I am feeding her grapes. She basically runs after me looking for more grapes. After the kite crashes, she runs toward my wife who is filming, hoping for more treats. It took a while to get Miss Ohio to focus on me only. Lucky was trained using sunflower seeds to pull her chariot in races. I have other video's but these are being compiled with soundtrack by a videographer friend into a short film that chronicles LittleChickenRacingTeam's crazy chicken antics. Should be finished mid summer this year.

[​IMG]

8. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    I loved that last video. Miss Ohio is funny and precious at the same time! [​IMG]

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] I love the way Miss O runs!

10. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Oh that is great. I only have one that will run for grapes like that! I loved that, thanks for sharing. Made my evenin.

Jill

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by