TYLAN 200 in water... can I?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by amyrains, Aug 7, 2010.

1. amyrains

amyrains Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2010
    camden
    does anyone know if you can put TYLAN 200 in the water? i gave them all an injection yesterday and i thought it would be MUCH easer if i could just out it in the water today...

2. amyrains

May 23, 2010
    camden
    anyone? i really dont want to have to inject them all again [​IMG]

3. briteday

briteday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Northern NV
    What is the reason for the antibiotic? And I would contact a livestock vet for the correct dose.

4. amyrains

May 23, 2010
    camden
    they have all been "wet" sounding when they breath and really reaspy and gurgle for about 2 weeks..we lost 3 in 2 days so i thought it was time to do something...after reading on here for the treatment of resp infections i thought treating with tylan was the best bet.....im new to all this so i could be wrong...we dont have a vet in our area that will treat chicks so im out of luck there.....i wish we did so i wouldnt have to guess at what is going on with them...not fun at all [​IMG]

5. birdsNbeesNseeds

birdsNbeesNseeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    No.

Follow the directions for the medication that you purchased.

There is a Tylan for putting in water, but you have to specifically buy that type. It comes as a powder for mixing into the water.

If you are not sure what you are treating for:

tell all of the very specific symptoms to people by- contacting a vet, check with experienced people on the emergency thread on this board, search for a good website about poultry, or buy The Poultry Health Handbook or another book with symptoms and treatment suggestions....

please don't randomly treat with antibiotics.

Hope you find what is going wrong.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by