Tylan 50 dosage

ashlierami

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 9, 2017
Alabama
I have a few sick birds. They have respiratory symptoms that started this week. Sneezing, swelling eye, congestion. I went to my local farm store and purchased tylan 50. What is the dosage for this? I was going to use tetroxy which is oxytetracycline I got from a vet a few months back for my quail. I have read various posts that tylan is the way to go when dealing with this. I understand this has and will spread to my other birds and some will show sick and some won't. I also understand they will be carriers for life. I have a closed flock and if I get new birds it's ones that hatch out within the flock. I have birds of all sizes beginning with silkie all the way to a Plymouth Rock. What dosage would I give to my birds? Currently 4 out of 14 are showing symptoms and I'd like to try to get this under control. I plan to clean and disinfect my coop tomorrow and change bedding.

I believe it is .2 mg per pound of chicken 3x a day or .3 mg per pound 2x a day.
Our chickens also have respiratory disease, one of them has it real bad right now. We have Tylan 50 but it’s old and has been exposed too much for use methinks. It’s super expensive unfortunately.

I believe it is .2 mg per pound of chicken 3x a day or .3 mg per pound 2x a day.
Our chickens also have respiratory disease, one of them has it real bad right now. We have Tylan 50 but it’s old and has been exposed too much for use methinks. It’s super expensive unfortunately.
I didn't read this reply in time and had to go ahead and medicate my sick ones. It's actually just 2 sick right now. I only treated the ones that showed symptoms like sneezing or congested breathing. I agree tylan is pricy but it is more reasonable than I thought. It will provide alot of use for me since I just have 14 birds. It was $26.99 at my store.

The dosage for Tylan 50 injectable is 0.25 ml per pound 2-3 times a day for 5 days. I would give it orally in birds without the needle. It can also be injected into the breast muscle, but has the potential to damage the muscle tissue.

Back
Top Bottom