Tylan 50 for a Chick??

allhisblessings

Chirping
7 Years
6 Years
Jan 23, 2013
Tallahassee, FL

I have a little Silkie who is sneezing, breathing funny, has a little goo around the eyes, listless, not eating or drinking. I have Tylan 50 and am willing to do injection or orally. Thing is, she is really small because she hasn't been eating much in the last week. (All her siblings are three times her size.) I can't find anywhere on the internet or BYC for an amount smaller than a bantam chicken. Help please! She is my daughter's favorite little pet!!

I looked up the dose for chicks on a older post from this forum it says for chicks dose .10cc so 1/10th cc . bantams are 1/4 cc larger birds 1/2 cc . it said chicks .10cc so 1/10th of a cc. hope this helps you out. it says you can give orally if you wish or in the breast muscle but being so tiny I'd probably give orally. best wishes to you. I hope she feels better soon.

I gave my three week old chick SubQ injections of 1/8 a cc (.125) and she did very well. I was afraid to go for an IM injection in the breast because she was so little.

Okay I'm trying it! I gave her half of the 10th cc dose orally this morning and I'll give her the other half soon tonight. She was so tiny I didn't want to drown her. Thankfully my paramedic husband helped with finding a good syringe for it. I'll let you know what happens!

Best wishes to you! Be careful, seems it is soo easy to aspirate them when they're so tiny :)

So my little Silkie is still alive. I've given her the Tylan 50 orally for six days. The .10 cc dose broken into two doses, morning and evening. She is eating now. More active. Breathing better. But still constantly sneezing! I read one person's comment somewhere that they continue giving the Tylan until the sneezing stops. Any thoughts on this?

I was looking through the threads I'd started to see if there were any I should update for information purposes and found this one. My sweet little silkie just never could get over whatever it was that ailed her. She didn't grow. Her feathers never really came in (she looked like a big mess, really). She sneezed nearly her whole life. She often seemed to have trouble breathing. I gave her two different rounds of Tylan 50 orally with a month in between them. And then she just died one morning. It was so sad! Rest in Peace Mei Ling!

Back
Top Bottom