Tylan and vet rx queation

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by flockofbantams, Mar 5, 2016.

1. flockofbantams

flockofbantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2014
    Trinity nc
    Hi,
    I keep reading that tylan as long as it is the powder type does not have an egg withdrawal period. But after reading a link on the product it say...
    Egg withdrawal period: nil at this rate

What does nil mean?

Second, I have read the entire direction page and dosing in vet rx2 and have found found the answer to 2 questions
    #1 is that an egg withdrawal with vet rx?
    #2 how long do you treat for miner sneezing or on general?

Thank you

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Nil means no. Most links I have read say that oral Tylan egg withdrawal is 1 day, while Tylan injectionable is 7 days. Vet RX is just a group of herbal oils, so I would doubt that there is any egg withdrawal, but you could call the manufacturer.

3. flockofbantams

Mar 29, 2014
    Trinity nc
    Thank you very much!

4. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

To the best of my knowledge Tylan both soluble and injectable is not FDA approved for use in chickens laying eggs for human consumption in the US, thus there is no 'approved' withdrawal period for egg layers as it's an unapproved off label use of Tylan in the US...

Other countries regulations will vary...

Many people wait 7-14 days, others 21 days, the few times I have used it I waited 30 days as a couple of dozen eggs is cheap piece of mind...

5. flockofbantams

Mar 29, 2014
    Trinity nc

Interesting, I didn't know that, thank you for that info.
    When I have done duramycin-10 in the past I did a 21 day egg withdrawal. I will try vet rx and garlic and Apple cider vinegar in the water first. My hens have no other issues other then a couple sneezing. But no watery eyes, runny noses or weeding. Just a few sneezes and I want to nip it in the bud do to speak.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by