Tylan conversion

nick77

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 12, 2009
new hampshire
I bought Tylan soluable powder just in case I ever need it. I only raise a few chickens and Turkeys for hobby. My question is, how much powder should I mix to a gallon of water. The bottle calls for the whole 100 grams to be mixed with a gallon of water, then for that stock solution to be mixed with 50 gallons of water. Obviously, I'm not a commercial farmer. Could someone simplify this for people that just need to medicate a few birds? Thanks very much.

Wouldn't that equal about 2 grams per gallon of water, according to the description on the bottle you related?

100 grams in 50 gallons is 2 grams per gallon - or 1.96 grams per gallon for 51 gallons...

You're right but I didn't know if folks used a more common unit of measurement I don't have the means to measure 1.96 grams, or if the amount may change where there is no stock solution. I'm not trying to be overly particular, This stuff seems to be pretty potent according to the label, I just don't want to add too much and kill something, or not enough and waste it, it's expensive.

Back
Top Bottom