1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

tylan soluble,mistake

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mccluckers, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Mccluckers

Mccluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    hi guys,

so my vet prescribed me tylan water soluble for my chickens.i have given it to them for the three days like she said at the rate of 1gram of tylan powder to 2 litres of water.

unfortunately i didn't make a fresh batch so they had one batch for day 1 and then another for days 2+3. i now know i should've made a new batch every day and my chickens are still sneezing,and one of the is wheezing(she has only ever been the only one wheezing) and i was wondering if i could do it for a couple more days changing it every day.

i am so annoyed with myself!!!

thanks

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    What was the diagnosis?

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  4. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk

She thinks it's MG

Thanks for that, it seems I made another mistakes:th

I was ment to add the water to the powder but I added the powder to the water. It says you can do it for5 days if you want so I will give that ago and see. Thanks

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    If the Tylan in water doesn't work, talk your vet about trying an oral antibiotic. The one I really like is Baytril, but it's banned for use in poultry, so that is something you should discuss with your vet and research it before using it. Just google something like "baytril ban in poultry".

-Kathy

6. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Ok I will use for 2 more days than see. Thanks for your help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by