1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Type of breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by memielatimer, Jun 8, 2016.

1. memielatimer

memielatimer New Egg

Jun 8, 2016
    Hello I received these beauties from some friends. Hoping to see what type they are and of course make or female. Thank you.

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

2. memielatimer

memielatimer New Egg

Jun 8, 2016
    [​IMG][/IMG]

3. memielatimer

memielatimer New Egg

Jun 8, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    To young to sex for sure but I think the one with the reddest comb is a possible cockerel. The breeds look like: Barred Rocks, Welsummer or Leghorn for the brown one with a stripe, the black ones maybe Black sex-links or BAs. Do you know where your friend got them?

5. memielatimer

memielatimer New Egg

Jun 8, 2016
    Hello. She has a mix she ordered a few years ago from Murray McMurrays. But she said she didn't remember breeds. And that they could have mixed with her others.

6. Chicken Girl1

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    So she hatched her own eggs from her flock of different breeds?

7. memielatimer

memielatimer New Egg

Jun 8, 2016
    She has free range chickens. She found one that was sitting on a clutch and decided to let her and this is what she got. So probably mixed would be a good chance I'm thinking.

8. Chicken Girl1

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Yup, they are all mixed breeds then. A few of them probably have the following breeds in them: Barred Rocks, Wyandotte, Australorp, and maybe more!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by