Types of chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Abbie79, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Abbie79

Abbie79 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2013
    Pineville, LA
    I picked up six chicks from TSC. Two were Red production pullets, three were from a variety of sexed pullets, and one was a hand picked blue silkie from the bantam box. So I only KNOW I have a silke, and something two different looking from the red production pullets. So far from what I have read, out of the variety box I think I have a Delaware, a Cornish X, and ????? Here is a pic of the third I'm not sure about
    [​IMG]
    She's the furthest to the right in this picture. Her feathers look to be coming in white, and I thought she would be a red.
    [​IMG]

2. Abbie79

Abbie79 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2013
    Pineville, LA
    No one?

3. auringer6

auringer6 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    She looks like a few of our chicks. We got them out of the Red pullet box. We KNOW they are not RIR. We think they are a production red.

[​IMG]

Here they are at 2 weeks.

[​IMG]
    Here they are at 3.5 weeks they darkened some. These two following where really light colored when they where babies and still keeping the white wings but their chest are getting darker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. frenchiegirl21

frenchiegirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    South Central Texas
    She might be a red sex link. They have those same stripes on their backs. I have 3 ad their feathers are coming in white as well. Hopefully they will darken some!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by