u @ 50

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunnychooks, May 17, 2009.

1. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I got this email today. I thought it was wonderful.

This is amazing - as you listen intently follow along with the words forward and backward......

Make sure you read as well as listen. This is a video that was submitted in a contest by a 20 year old.

The contest was titled "u @ 50", by the AARP. This video won second place. When they showed it, everyone in the room was awe-struck and broke into spontaneous applause.

So simple and yet so brilliant. Take a minute and watch it. Make sure right to the end. ....ENJOY !!!

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    That's neat.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Was good- Thanks

Imp

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Now that was brilliant, and gives us all food for thought...... the writer has talent indeed and with the thought provoking verse.......Bravo!

5. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    That's inspiring [​IMG]

6. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    If only we all thought like the author did . I'm not an environmentalist , I'm an avid hunter , fisherwoman... I am a conservationist . I believe that the generations coming up , and the ones in their 20's do think it's a throw away society . They believe that everything should be handed to them , and that they don't have to work for it . I have a step daughter who is like that , but I'm trying to slowly mold her into a "good" human being . Her brother dropped out of school 4 months before graduation....no car, no drivers liscence . He got a job for $450 a month , moved out of his mothers house . He plays on the computer 16+ hrs a day . It's not the generation...it's how the parents raise the kids !!! I thank God everyday for my choice to not have kids . I would have been in jail for "abusing" them . My step daughter learned early that soap in the mouth really doesn't taste that great . I'm 29 yrs old.....my niece is 5 and I teach her that whining won't get you anywhere in life . I'm so glad that there are a few young ones out there who know what lifes all about.....maybe I can convince my husband to make sure my step daughter does her homework , and chores . ( he has a broken arm right now....we just went camping....guess who had to cook , clean dishes , etc . I even tried talking to her about it . She always feels bad , but says she's too lazy . BTW...she's 14 .[​IMG]

Loved the poem.......sounds like she's got her priorities straight....too bad most parents aren't willing to get off their bums to teach the kids what right and wrong is ( including my husband ) He is my heart and soul though .

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats awesome! thanks for sharing. Really makes you think, doesn't it?
    [​IMG]

8. okiron

okiron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    [​IMG]

9. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Thank you for sharing! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch