U.S.P.S. DOE'S IT AGAIN! Shipping eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wolftracks, May 24, 2010.

1. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm fuming right now.

I've called several numbers and I tell you, no one here knows anything.

I spoke to my PO and get lady that kept telling me I had the wrong tracking number. I DID NOT!

Then she finally sees it's in Lincoln and says "well why did they send it there?"

Said I had no idea and she kept asking if I had them hold it there! ??????????????

I told here what was in the box. Hatching eggs, and she says "oh, that's not good. But they are just chickens right? Do you really have someone send you eggs and do you eat them?

I think I got the cleaning lady.

Then I ask how I get my package and she said she didn't know. WHAT???

Finally she says if she gets the time she will call and she'll get back to me if they call her back. I asked if there was a number I could call and I couldn't understand what she was saying, so she said look it up. I called customer service with the number on the website and open till 8pm and I get a guy who finally gets it through his head that I need a package deliver at an addressed in Modesto NOT Lincoln where it is sitting. The shipping info is all correct, this is a problem with what they do with packages.

I told him what was in the package and HE said "is it just chicken eggs? They can't be that expensive, so you may want to order more."

He gave me another number and I called but not open until tomorrow.

I just hope they don't play volleyball with it before they send it out. IF they ever do.

Last month I missed a delivery, but that was my fault. I was at the hospital with my mom. When I got home the next day it was too late to pick them up, but I was there at 0 dark 30 to get them next morning. These hatched at 50%

Next package I had sent I had to pick up also, so when I got home from my Mom's funeral I picked them up.

I had another shipment coming and all of a sudden my dad dies too and I have to leave town. We had a friend stay to watch the animals and the house, but during that whole time no package or deliver ships or anything, so I pm the seller and let her know. She traced it and it was at my PO since th day I had picked up the second box! They had even written "Box 1 of 2" all over it, but they gave me box 2 which didn't say anything about box 1.

All the chickens from these 2 packages have hatched, the first one only hatching 4 out of 24, second one 1 out of 9 and I have the another one that as far as I can tell with 2 eggs developing, lots with broken aircells and 2 bloodrings

Now this mess!

These are my Welsummers from okiehen:hit I don't know what I'll do if I loss them to.

So I got a good hatch of BCMs and Ameraucana's, No Polish but 4 Ameraucan and EES and 1 EE and NO BCMs from these last hatches.

They better hope my Wellies hatch or I'm gonna be one the news:mad:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I want my chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting my Sportsman fixed next month and I want to fill it with my dream flock! At this rate I could drive around the country and pick them up myself. It would be cheaper!

Sorry but I needed to vent.

turtlerouge likes this.
  2. grundail01

grundail01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    I've been there myself. Enough of my rural neighbors banded together and starting tomorrow we have a new person. USPS uses a contract driver and not their own for where i live. Good luck on your eggs![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I hope you all get things going better also.

I kind of have an idea though.

This time of the year there are a lot of people who travel and they drive to where they're going.

Maybe I should start an eggs train. We used to do this with dogs. Most times they were victims of BSL or disastors. Others were just saved from kill shelters.

I wonder if it would work with eggs! I may have to work on this and see if it works. Most of the time it cost nothing to move the dogs, so if it really worked right, no shipping charges and safer eggs. [​IMG]

If I could figure out who I'd find travelers in the chicken community I'd send someone a bunch of my EE eggs just to test it.

hmmmm

4. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I feel ya. I had a shipment lost a few months ago.I decided I wanted to try and hatch some bantam assortment myself trying to restart my whole floack again..WELL TY to the USPS and the COLD in MI> where they were apparently sitting for days on end grrrrrrr.I did put the egg's in anyway but every one candled clear.I guess the idiot's froze them.The seller was at no fault she had clearly marked the box and the egg's were well packaged and they had lost a couple shipment's of her quail egg's as well.I shipped some duck egg's once it took them a week to go 2 states away they crushed my box it was hot and that poor lady she got a half broken box of rotting smelly egg's GRRRRRRRR GRRRRRR.Killed me I had about 98% hatch rate here too. We have great PO workers here but I guess there is a lot that cant read FRAGILE! EGGS,DO NOT XRAY!GLAD TSC had a lot of the chicks I wanted this time baaaaa.They are doing super.So sorry about your egg's.Hopefully you can get better service next time or find some local chick's.

5. cpartist

cpartist Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Alachua County FL
    Yep, it's a crap shoot, this whole shipped egg thing.

I've sent eggs from North Florida to Central Florida that took 5 days...according to tracking they went to Chicago
    before coming back to Florida [​IMG].

I've also sent eggs from Florida to New York that arrived in 2 days.

I've gotten 80% hatches from a shipment from one seller, ordered more and only one hatched...same breeder
    stock, same hatching conditions.

I recently had 12 of 15 BLRW hatch shipped from NY. [​IMG].

Since throwing a dozen of my own eggs that were 2-3 weeks old in the bator and getting 85% hatch on these,
    I worry more about handling than age on shipped eggs....in nature a hen may lay a couple of weeks before setting her clutch.

All that being said, without shipped eggs, I would never have been able to get a start on my desired breeds, from some of best
    breeders in the country. The one chick that hatched from 50.00 a dozen eggs is awesome, and an important part of my breeding
    program.

I consider the shipped eggs a lottery ticket, don't bet money I can't afford to lose, don't expect much, and am ecstatic if I get a good hatch.

6. illegal avian

illegal avian Cooped up

Apr 21, 2010
    Third World, Texas
    CHANCES ARE YOU COULD BE A TERRORIST!!!

The Department of Homeland Security has been intercepting and opening almost all of my Priority Mail for some time now. The government gestapo are careful to remove, cut, or otherwise destroy the bar code so there is no culpability as to where it was. After 3 or 4 weeks the mailman finally delivers the Priority Mail. Maybe the contents are in there. Maybe not. The Postmaster says it is beyond his control.

What a country!

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:They must have their eye on you or something....lol

8. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Quote:I was told the same thing. That packages are being opened and xrayed more often. I asked my Postmaster about xraying. One of the workers was there when I was talking to him and she said, 'Why not just write, "do not xray, hatching eggs" on the packages? And the Postmaster said, "Because every terrorist will be putting it on the boxes to get bombs through.

He suggested that I put on the boxes to open if necessary, which they'll do anyway.

USPS hasn't lost any of my eggs but they've sured destroyed some.

Sorry this happened to you and I hope that you find your eggs.

Laurie

9. illegal avian

illegal avian Cooped up

Apr 21, 2010
    Third World, Texas
    They must have their eye on you or something....lol

There are what... 30 million United States citizens on the terrorist (I mean government) watch list now!

pippin and zippin eggs could be a nightmare if the were to get in the wrong hands! [​IMG]

[​IMG] ** Don't write letters to any of your government representatives asking to be represented and you should be safe.

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:OOh, dont worry..i wont bother writing to the govt... all they can read is this $$$$$ ....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by