UAB diet

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bamachicks8, Jan 21, 2013.

1. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

I start my new diet today and was wondering if anyone else has used this diet my sil and bil and even my boss have had great results so far

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I cant read the script on the picture...sorry.

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    The second day dinner sounds like a digestive nightmare. Cabbage/broccoli , hot dogs and banana...

4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    It works because of the calorie restriction, not for any other reason. And it is not a cardiac diet, from any source, But the best diet is one that works for you...so if this works for you it's good. Just be aware that it is not the most nutritionally sound of diets, and you probably don't want to be on it long term.

5. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I have seen this diet before but only slightly different. At the time they called it the mayo clinic diet. It works by restricting calories, not by some magic combination of food. I was a teen and I tried it and ended up having problems with muscle spasms, tiredness, and weakness. I went to the doctor and learned that I was lacking potassium, iron, and enough complex carbs for my system to handle. My body ws attacking my muscles more than it was the fat in my body.

Go to the actual UAB or Mayo clinic website and they have many diet plans that are more balanced than this. I am not saying don't do it, just be careful of any diet. Each person's body is different. You may find your body may need more or less calories a day,depending on your level of activity, sometimes just making small diet changes is all you need.

I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. bamachicks8

5lbs in two days only 20 more to go

7. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    That doesn't sound healthy. please be careful, we don't want your health at risk.

8. bamachicks8

Healthy well I can't guarantee but I am taking a multivitamin and will quit should any symptoms occur and besides the massive lack in calories it "seems" like a fair balance of necessary vitamins

9. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    the problem is, if you loose weight that fast for long or often, your body will think it is starving to death. It will trigger certain body changes that will one, make you gain weight back faster, two begin to cannibalize your muscles before it will your fat stores, so a lot of the weight loss will instead be muscle weight, 3 retrain your body to hold onto the fat it does again back, making it far harder to loose weight again, and 4 put a lot of stress on your system making you more susceptible to health problems.

10. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Back in the 1970's my sis did this same exact diet (known by many other names over the years and debunked as dangerous by every reputable establishment, including its namesake), and she ended up with dangerous and costly medical problems from it. There really are no lasting miracle diets except for lifestyle changes that last a lifetime. For the calories that are in a few crackers I can instead have delicious vegetable soup or a seasoned small baked potato or 2-3 cups of many other vegetables, which are all more filling and packed with vitamins. Kick starting some weight loss initially with fad-type diets can be inspiring, but I want to eat all the food I can for the most bang for the buck in the long run, lol. Good luck to you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by