Udderly EZ Milker ______ Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chic-n-farmer, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

2. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    They work well for larger goats but hard to get under Nigi's...got to find the right way to get them under them...Good luck

3. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    If you don't want to hand milk, you are better off just spending the money on a "real" machine.

4. chickylou

chickylou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Hi,

I got the EZ Udder. It does work, but it is a slow process for Nigerians. I finally learned how to milk them just right and it now takes me 5-7 minutes to do my doe.

I actually bring the little jugs out with me and when I milk, I pour it into the jugs to keep the milk clean and so my doe doesn't accidentally knock over my hard work! [​IMG]

I figure it might come in handy on other occasions like a fussy doe, which I do have but is now not giving milk.

Don't want to discourage you, but if you have a small breed, you might find milking by hand a LOT faster. I bought it in the heat of "udder" discouragement. [​IMG] But now I'm the milk matron queen!

5. Chic-n-farmer

Thanks for the input. I like to be as well informed as possible when getting into a new venture [​IMG]

I like the idea of a milker for sanitation reasons. It seems like the 'real' milkers run at least $1500. That's quite a price jump from what this thing costs.

So, chickylou, are you still using yours?

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:I know a gal that's got one for $500. And is willing to consider offers.

(Not me, I paid $1,500 for mine, and I wouldn't part with it for all the tea in China!)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  7. Chic-n-farmer

Quote:I know a gal that's got one for $500. And is willing to consider offers.

(Not me, I paid $1,500 for mine, and I wouldn't part with it for all the tea in China!)

Oh? Info, please.

So, tell me more about milking machines...... [​IMG]

8. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    She said it's a surge milker. She has a website, and I've met her in person before.

I love my machine. It's set up to milk two at once, so it saves me lots of time. If you are only milking one goat, it won't save you any time (b/c you have to clean them EVERY time), but it will save you spilled milk, hand cramps, frustration, your last piece of sanity (maybe that's just me [​IMG] ).

Milking machines can be scary when you haven't been around them, but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it.

[email protected] is her email.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by