Ug! The suspense is killing me!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CasualT, Jun 17, 2012.

1. CasualT

CasualT In the Brooder

May 9, 2012
    I made an incubator out of an old refrigerator and my first batch is hatching RIGHT NOW! It's killing me! I can hear them peeping and I know darn good and well that I can't open it to see them. Grrrrrr.... They weren't supposed to hatch until tomorrow but my heat has been a little off so they're early, I started hearing them this morning. How soon do you think I can take a peek? Oh, to any that are curious, there are 5 Americana x frizzle eggs and 5 copper Maran x frizzle eggs in there.

update: at the end of the day we had 4 Americanas and 5 copper marans hatched. Another Americana hatched but just wasn't strong enough and died in the incubator. They all look alike! Only difference I can see is that the Americanas have little beards lol.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Tonight or tammrow morning you can check on your hatch. If you have a spray bottle that has a mist setting you can fill it up with warm water and myst the eggs befor you close up just make shure to be fairly quick and just take a peek and take out any dry ones and do a head count its all personal choice just make shure i you open it to do something about loss of moister.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: