ugg the governent messed up my credit!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AHappychick, Feb 1, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    So I get this letter that I owe $900 to the state. I send the letter to my accountant who promptly forgets. Then I get another letter saying that I am in big trouble, again I call my accountant and he says that it is a mistake. After speaking with the higher ups It is figured out that the money I had given to be applied to MY taxes were applied to my Dead Husbands!!!! So they messed up big time and in the process of thinking that they have never been paid they destroyed my credit. Now I have to wait 6-8 weeks for them to send me a letter so that I may send that to the credit companies to get it fixed. In the meantime the small business loan I was trying to get AND need is completely ruined! [​IMG]

I had to complain to someone and my 3 year old just does not understand LOL

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Songster

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    All I can say is that is par for the course. Sorry, but glad you are getting it "fixed". Stay on top of it.

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Sounds like you need a new accountant. [​IMG] Hang in there. [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

WOW! We are going through something similar.... Ken's ex claimed their kids on her tax return for three years - he has TOTAL custody - and now they want the money back from HIM... [​IMG]

5. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

your accountant should be responsible for all this,, send him the copy of the letter, and tell him to start sending,, and call every 3 days to ask why your credit hasnt been restored yet,,,,,,,,,, and i would send them out myself too,, doesnt sound like he's smat nuff to be able to send them to the right place [​IMG]

6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:I wish I could blame him that would be so much easier but I went over the papers he prepared and he did tell them to put the return towards my taxes not my DH the mistake was on their end and is being fixed but they could care less about my credit and what they did to it. I am upset with my accountant for forgetting the first time I told him though, maybe if he had contacted them the first time I told him It would have kept my credit intact. I do think I am gonna look for a new accountant but wont be able to until everything is settled down from the estate and the many lawsuits against me (my dh died with out a will) all of which he has been working on with my lawyers so for now I am stuck because it would cost to much and take to much time to catch a new person up to the many cases.

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Ya know this is so danged familiar it makes me want to scream. I just finished sending a copy of the lawsuit I planned to file against the State of Kansas to Kansas. I do not think accountants understand state tax laws.

My DH entered military from KS so it was is official state of residence, so he had to pay State taxes (which I think is a crock anyway). I marry him and the following year am on the joint return for Kansas.

The accountant from one year prior to our marriage, screwed up and there was supposedly an amount due from the year BEFORE we married. They issued a lien and slap on the credit not against my DH but against ME.

I went NUTS...I have never done more than drive through the State of Kansas much less owed them a dime. Was not married to him at the time those taxes were filed. It is resolved but it took 8 years to do it.

So....stay on it...get it taken care of and corrected. It will/can affect your federal return as well.

8. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    yep I know it is gonna be hard to settle it all, it is so fustrating when they take no responsibility but expect us to or go to jail. Such a double standard! BTW I LOVE your Avatar!!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: