Ugggg... I want some guineas...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickengal505, May 8, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I've caught the hatching bug [​IMG] I REALLY want to hatch some guineas, but my incubator is hatching dud turkey eggs for a friend [​IMG] 27 days untill I set guinea eggs [​IMG] or should I give into my addiction and just order some keets? [​IMG] ether way I get some guineas. Anyone with me on the whole "Gee, what am I going to hatch next" bug? Who else has been infected? [​IMG]

2. storminstaffs

storminstaffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Durham, UK
    i'm addicted my incubator hasn't been turned off since i bought it (3 months ago), luckily my parents like the breeds i'm hatching so far, but at the end of this month when it's empty again i want to hatch some blue, black and splash silkie eggs (just need to source some first)

3. If the Goose Fits

If the Goose Fits Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    I've caught it and I don't even have an incubator! [​IMG] And I have hatchery chicks coming in less than a month! [​IMG]

4. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    I've caught it, too. I don't even have an incubator! I did order some cochin and ameraucana chicks, but I really want an incubator.

You probably already know this, but just a bit of warning on the guineas: they roam. Everywhere. I had a broody hen hatch out some guinea eggs a couple years ago. I loved them, but I finally had to give them away because I like to let my birds out to free range some when I'm home, and the guineas just wouldn't stay home. We have around 5 acres of land, but they wanted to roam across the road into our neighbor's yard....and they took the chickens with them. Needless to say, I wasn't happy with all my birds wandering all over the neighborhood. Of course, if you've got oodles of land or plan to keep them in a coop/run, then this won't be a problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by