1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ugghhhh

Discussion in 'Quail' started by amyb73, Feb 20, 2013.

1. amyb73

amyb73 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    i have a 3 day old button w/1 spraddled leg, i have tried the band aid and first aid tape, it is just 2 darn small!! any ideas

2. amyb73

Feb 20, 2013
    make that 2 legs, and a sibling wthe same, i have woodchips and a washcloth but i think they are shifting the woodchips til they are skating on glass, off to fleetfarm to find something to line the aquarium with, and i guess i will just keep these 2 , at one point i was able to tape the legs pretty good, but he couldnt walk, he just kept falling over, so frustrating

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Somebody on here once tried putting the chick in a tiny cup while the chicks legs were in the bandaids...something really small so that it could stand up. (You could use a tiny shot glass or even make something...) You could do it like therapy for 15 mins several times a day to see if maybe it strengths the chicks legs. Just an idea. :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  4. amyb73

Feb 20, 2013
    sounds like a pretty good idea, i could try dixie cups perhaps

5. AngieO

AngieO Chillin' With My Peeps

I buy the shelf liner. It comes in a couple different colors, but white is the cheapest. Go to the silverware section of your store and they come in rolls. The chicks do not slide it or on it as it is a rubbery type thing that sticks in the shelves/drawers. Works great and you can throw them in the washer when they get dirty!

6. amyb73

Feb 20, 2013
    great idea, i never want this to happen again, i have had people ask me if i am going to dispatch them, there is no way i can do that, so we will just see what happens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by